(3 mins read)
In November, the Egyptian government announced the discovery of over 100 ancient coffins with at least one containing a mummy. Archeologists also found 40 gilt status and other artifacts in Saqqara burial ground near Cairo.
The coffins are rumored to be over 2,500 years old and are still in great condition. Though it is known that these coffins belonged to very wealthy people, not much else is known at this stage. Archaeologists hosted an opening of an excavated mummy to try and determine it’s age and gender
Egypt’s ministry of tourism and antiquities states that the coffins will be transferred to different museums across Egypt.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Top 5 Cultural and Historical countries in West Africa
- AdeAfrica Quiz - What's your dream destination ?
- Senegal - A 2024 Travel Guide
- 10 cool things to do in Dakar, Senegal - Travel Blog
- Africa's 3 Megadiverse countries and why they're so important
- Rwanda - A 2024 Travel Guide
- SeeAfrica Travel Tours - Terms and Conditions
Have a story? Would you like to be a writer for our platform? If so, Contact us below
Weekly Blog Stats
- 14,485 Views