(3 mins read)
A new strain of the coronavirus has been discovered in South Africa making it Africa’s first country with a million cases.
President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced d that more restrictions will be applied across the country. He announced that all bars will be closed and there will be a curfew from 9 pm to 6 am. All people apart from permitted workers are not allowed to leave their place of residence during the curfew and there is a legal requirement for all to wear masks in public. Public spaces such as beaches and swimming pools are also closed and those caught breaching these new restrictions can face heavy fines or even imprisonment.
South Africa’s reported daily average as of present is 11,700 cases of new infections a day. This is expected to rise following the discovery of this new strain. he
Top Posts & Pages
- The Top 5 Cultural and Historical countries in West Africa
- AdeAfrica Quiz - What's your dream destination ?
- Senegal - A 2024 Travel Guide
- Rwanda - A 2024 Travel Guide
- 10 cool things to do in Dakar, Senegal - Travel Blog
- Africa's 3 Megadiverse countries and why they're so important
- Top 10 must places to see in Banjul: Gambia Travel Blog
- Equatorial Guinea - A 2024 Travel Guide
Have a story? Would you like to be a writer for our platform? If so, Contact us below
Weekly Blog Stats
- 14,492 Views